Everyone has goals right? Wether it’s in life or blogging goals give us something to look forward too. I just took over Tales from the Crypt and The Book Junkie’s Bookshelf on January 1 and I’ve come up with some realizations and goals for the coming year. So let’s take a look at them shall we:
- I realized that with the pending birth of my niece in March and some other things that I have going on in real life that I just don’t have the time to maintain 2 book blogs.
- I need to be better about the giveaways. I have to come up with a better system.
- When I got handed these two blogs I got handed EVERYTHING including a sending out a prize to a winner from a giveaway that ended a while ago.
- That I have gotten entirely too caught up in keeping up with the “Jones'” of book blogging. (There will be a separate discussion post about this later on)
- That I like having discussions on my blogs.
- That the blog itself needs some work.
- The Blogger needs a little bit of work too.
- My reading goal for 2012 is to read 110 books through out the course of the year.
- To get the reviews and discussion posts that are on Tales from the Crypt moved over to this blog before February 1. As of February 1, I will be blogging here exclusively with the exception of the challenge link ups on Tales from the Crypt.
- I am going to start accepting self-published novels on a limited basis…I’ve already updated the review policy.
- I need to add links to other blogs. If you want to be added to my link list drop me an email (email@example.com) and let me know.
- I need to add a reviews page. I’ve decided that on the reviews page you will be able to see reviews by genre and series (if applicable) for now. I’m sure I’ll revise as things start to progress with the blog.
- Keep things simple. This goes for giveaways too.
- Finish at least 4 reading challenges in 2012.
- Read at least 20 of my own books in 2012.
- Try at least 2 new to me authors/series.
- Read at least 12 library book in 2012.
- Use my public library more.
- Host at least 2 reading challenges for 2013.
- Accept review requests for books that interest me.
- Be a part of more blog tours.
- Figure out a posting schedule that works for me.
For now those are my blogging goals. I’m sure that I’ll probably add more along the way but this is a pretty good list to start with I think. How about you? Do you have any blogging goals for 2012? What are they?